Thursday, July 21

"If you are not with us then you are against us!"

Just a quick post today...

There is an interesting comparison between the fundamentalists "If you are not with us, then you are against us!" (which is used by them to justify intolerance, religious exclusivism, isolation from society, and condemnation to everyone that does not follow their strict doctrinal outlines).

And Jesus' sayings from Luke:

49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Whoever performs an act of Christ-like love, who furthers God's kindom of love in our society, is not worthy of neither our judgement or criticism (which contrasts sharply with fundamentalist mantality). In fact, I would go so far as to say that noone is worthy of any judgement or criticism or condemnation, but that will be the post for another day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monk-in-Training said...

Good post Timothy, and I see you have linked to my blog! Amazing, how did you run across me. I saw you on Freethinking Faith. I don't know how to make links work on typepad, but then i am a Friar, not a Programmer! ;)

12:10 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

Hey :)

I came across your blog from freethinking faith, and it's so interesting I just had to give it some kind of credit. And it's totally fine, you don't have to link back to me.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home